Some partner yoga poses involve both people feeling a stretch at the same time, as in Double Standing Forward Bend. Then there are ones where you take turns helping each other get deeper into the stretch like this one called Double Straddle. This pose will give you an amazing stretch in your hips, lower back, and hamstrings.
Want to know how to get into this with a partner? Then
- Partner #1 (the one on the right) sits in Seated Straddle.
- Partner #2 (on the left) faces Partner #1. She gets into a loose variation of Seated Straddle with her feet resting on Partner #1s lower legs, and her knees bent.
- Both partners hold hands, and depending on how flexible Partner #1 is, they can reach their hands further up to hold onto each other's wrists, forearms, or up by their elbows.
- Then Partner #1 slowly folds his torso forward in between his legs, and Partner #2 gently pulls him towards her, to intensify the stretch. Partner #1 wants to focus on lengthening his spine and relaxing his shoulders.
- They stay like this for at least five breaths (or longer if Partner #1 is loving it). When Partner #1 has had enough, he sits back up and they switch roles.