I'm all for stretches that increase flexibility in my spine, so if you're the same way, grab a friend and give this pose a try. Not only will you feel like you're weightless, but your partner on the floor will feel a nice release in her lower back.
If you want to know how to get into it read more.
- Partner #1 (on the floor) lies on the ground with her legs straight up towards the ceiling and her feet flexed.
- Partner #2 (on top) stands on either side of Partner #1's torso, with her back facing Partner #1's legs.
- Partner #2 bends her knees and leans her back onto Partner #1's shins.
- Then Partner #1 bends her knees with control, guiding Partner #2 towards the ground.
- Once they are stable, Partner #1 grabs Partner #2's ankles and brings them behind her head by extending her arms.
- Partner #1 wants to support the weight of Partner #2 by keeping her feet flexed.
- They stay like this for five breaths or more and then they switch positions.