Today, the Environmental Working Group released its nine tips for shielding yourself from environmental cancer risks. Environmental toxins play a far more significant role than you may realize, according to a new report from the President's Cancer Panel. Luckily, you can make a few small changes to your home and lifestyle to reduce your exposure to cancer-causing toxins. For the EWG's nine tips,
- Filter your tap water.
- Seal outdoor wooden decks and play sets.
- Cut down on stain- and grease-proofing chemicals.
- Stay safe in the sun.
- Cut down on fatty meat and high-fat dairy products.
- Eat EWG's Clean 15.
- Cut your exposures to BPA.
- Avoid carcinogens in cosmetics.
- Read the warnings.
For more details on how to put these tips into action, check out the EWG's recommendations.