Rap, techno, and pop hits are often at the top of most gym playlists as they tend to provide a good base beat and rhythm to kick your cardio into high gear. But after watching the Country Music Awards last night, I've gone country. While I usually rely on one of the aforementioned music classifications to get me going, I may be leaning on Carrie Underwood, Darius Rucker (yes, that's Hootie!), Taylor Swift, and Dierks Bentley to get the job done on occasion, and I'm thinking you should give 'em a try, too. And remember, you don't have to have a twang to enjoy some good ol' country music.
Ready to sample and see the playlist spelled out?
- "Kiss A Girl" by Keith Urban
- "It Ain't Me Babe" by Joaquin Phoenix & Reese Witherspoon
- "Cowboy Casanova" by Carrie Underwood
- "White Liar" by Miranda Lambert
- "Alright" by Darius Rucker
- "You Belong With Me" by Taylor Swift
- "Sideways" by Dierks Bentley
- "Wide Open Spaces" by The Dixie Chicks
- "Honky Tonk Man" by Dwight Yoakam
- "Put Yourself In My Shoes" by Clint Black
- "Wishful Thinking" by The Ditty Bops
- "Undo It" by Carrie Underwood
- "I Run To You" by Lady Antebellum