One of the best things about working out is the rewards you can give yourself for a job well done. Realbuzz.com has made this great list of ideas to reward yourself post workout, so go ahead and indulge, you deserve it.
- Take an invigorating shower using shower gels made with ginger, lemon or grapefruit. Ginger is thought to have properties that can stimulate our will and motivation, and the essential oils found in citrus fruits like lemon and grapefruit are great for relieving sore or aching muscles. So shower to condition your body and mind!
- If you are a member of a gym, find out if they have a sauna or Jacuzzi. These facilities are all a part of your monthly fee so make sure you find time to use them! As using a sauna brings about body responses similar to those of exercise (increase in pulse rate and circulation), it is a good to have a cool shower before entering the sauna.
- Treat yourself to an occasional post-workout massage – especially if you're doing resistance training – to knead out any stress and tightness. In addition to feeling great, massages improve circulation and help rid the body of waste products that can accumulate when muscles are overworked. If you're at home, ask a friend or partner to give you one.
- Indulge your muscles with a thorough stretching session; take ample time to really stretch from head to toe. This will relax and calm you after your workout, will help to reduce any soreness you might feel the following day, as well as bringing long-term benefits to your posture and overall flexibility.
- Reward yourself with some new exercise gear. Hitting the shops and investing in some new gear is a great treat. Try and find something you really love, something you can’t wait to put on. This will not only serve as a great post-workout pleasure but will spur you on to complete all your future sessions.