- Oatmeal with bananas — Opt for this high fiber, lowfat food instead of a sugary, fried doughnut for breakfast since high fat foods often lead to symptoms. Bananas naturally fight stomach acid, so the combination is perfect.
- Fresh ginger —This natural anti-inflammatory is an ancient remedy for digestive issues. Drink ginger tea, make your own ginger ale, suck on ginger candy, or grate some fresh ginger into your stir-fries.
To see the other foods,
- Whole wheat pasta with lowfat white sauce — Tomato sauce is acidic and a surefire way to serve you up some heartburn. So go for a light sauce made from milk, cheese, or broth instead. Choose whole wheat pasta over white pasta since high fiber foods can help alleviate symptoms.
- Beans — They're not only good for the heart, but are also a good source of protein that's a great alternative to heartburn-causing meat.
- Applesauce — Baking with oil or butter may trigger heartburn symptoms, so replace it with applesauce in your baked good recipes.
Image Source: Getty