Overdid it this Fourth? The good news is you only have one day left to the weekend, but that doesn't mean you can't start on the right foot today. Here are five quick tips for debloating today.
- Think H2O: Skip the sodas and limit the juices — today should be all about hydrating with water to flush out bloat. If you're tired of plain water, you can opt for tea or jazz up your water with these detoxifying additions.
- Take two: Time for a break that will boost your energy and help you sweat out what's ailing you. It doesn't take that much movement to make an impact on your mood as well as your health. If you're not into a full workout, take a walk or do one of these 2.5-minute exercises that can lead to an extra 200-calorie burn.
- Check your snacks: It's easy to let a mindless snacking habit derail your clean-eating plans. Stick to healthy debloating snacks like fresh fruit and fiber-rich produce instead of chips or crackers to debloat without undoing your good work.
- Choose debloating foods: Eat clean at every meal and keep this list in mind for a little debloating help when it comes to figuring out what to eat: pineapples, papaya, quinoa, bananas, and asparagus are all great for shrinking your belly. Learn more debloating foods here!
- Get some sleep: A well-rested body is one that functions well, so keep your metabolism on track by giving your body some much-needed rest tonight.
Source: Thinkstock / JustinRWard