It's the season to be busy! Luckily, FitSugar reader getfitgirl has your crazy schedule in mind. She posted these suggestions for fitting in a few exercises, no matter how booked your social card, in the FitSugar Community.
With Summer here, everyone seems to be short on time. Vacations are being planned, friends and family are visiting, and you just can't seem to find 20 minutes to get in a workout. Try these tips to fit in mini workouts throughout the day. Something is better than nothing when trying to stay fit and healthy.
- Run the rack: Pick a body part to train. Start with a light weight, 5 lbs and do 8 reps, rest 10 sec, proceed to next weight on rack, do another 8 reps, rest 10 sec., then 8 reps with the next weight. etc. Work your way up the rack until you can't do more than 2 reps. Rest 20 sec. and proceed back down the rack. It should take about 15 min.
Check out more mini workout suggestions after the break!
- Do a mini circuit. Perform one squat, one push, one ab crunch. That's one rep. Perform as many reps as you can for three minutes. Do these whenever you can throughout the day.
- Washing dishes? Do plié squats as you wash.
- Shopping? Park at the opposite end of the parking lot and walk at a fast past to the store.
- Need cardio? Do a mini circuit of 25 jumping jacks, 25 jump squats, 25 mountain climbers. That's one rep. Do as many as you can in five minutes.
On days that you are not going to be able to do a full workout, adjust your eating accordingly. Eat as clean as you can with no treats — no ice cream, no alcohol, etc.
This workout does not substitute for a regular workout, but you can use it for a couple of days to help you stay motivated.
Have your own fitness tips to share? Post them in our FitSugar Community and help inspire readers like you!