If two scrambled eggs always leave you wanting more, bulk up your breakfast with two healthy ingredients: spinach and quinoa. This satisfying, vitamin-packed dish offers a whopping 19.6 grams of protein per serving. It's delicious enough to savor as a weekend treat, but it also takes less than 10 minutes to cook, making it an option for a hearty before-work breakfast.
Feel free to grate one teaspoon grated Parmesan on the dish as garnish.
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
- Heat half tablespoon oil in a nonstick skillet on medium-low heat. Cook minced garlic in oil for about one minute.
- Meanwhile, whisk two eggs with low-fat milk, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Add spinach to skillet. Cook for about 30 seconds.
- Pour egg mixture into the skillet. Let it sit for about 10 seconds, then start beating the eggs quickly toward the center of the pan with a wooden spoon.
- When the eggs look nearly cooked, add cooked quinoa to skillet. Mix in well.
- Transfer to plate or bowl and garnish with sprinkle of Parmesan.
Makes one serving.
- 2 servings
- Calories per serving