Newsflash: delicious desserts don't need to be environmentally unfriendly, fatty, sugar laden, and calorie intensive to be delicious. There are decadent alternatives that don't involve 100 calorie crap packs full of artificial sweeteners and other indecipherable ingredients. I've put together an easy, fast, drool worthy, raw brownie recipe that's free of dairy, eggs, gluten, and refined sugars!
Who doesn't love brownies, and who thought that brownies could be . . . healthy? The raw cocoa used heavily in this recipe provides a hard hit of cancer-fighting and age-defying antioxidants, along with satisfying your chocolate craving without blowing your beach body plans to crap. Also, these brownies are chock full of protein with the almond butter and the walnuts and almonds in the base. So indulge without the bulge, or the guilt!
Intrigued? Read on for the full recipe after the break!
1 cup pitted medjool dates
1 cup mixed raw walnuts & almonds
1/4 cup raw cocoa
2 ripe bananas
1/2 cup raw cocoa
4 tbsp raw almond butter
4 tbsp raw honey
- Mix together all bottom ingredients in a food processor until well blended.
- Spread bottom ingredients in a large glass baking pan until evenly distributed
- Mix together top ingredients in a food processor until well blended.
- Spread top blend over bottom layer base until evenly distributed.
- Place in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Cut into 16 squares, serve and enjoy!
- Re-freeze whatever you don't eat and enjoy at a later date!
Makes approximately 16 squares.