Yesterday I gave you five reasons to exercise. Aside from boosting brain power, melting away stress, and enhancing your love life, here are five more reasons to make exercise a daily habit.
- Regular exercise reduces your risk of health conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, osteoporosis, arthritis, breast cancer, hypertension, and high cholesterol. It also boosts your immune system, so making time for your morning jog can help prevent getting sick.
- Exercise strengthens your heart, which is the most important muscle in your body.
- Working out allows you to eat more and indulge. If you burn 300 calories at the gym, you'll feel better about splurging on some ice cream after dinner. Also, one pound of muscle burns 50 calories a day, as compared to one pound of fat which burns only two calories.
To see the last two reasons
- Exercise helps you sleep. Moderate cardio exercise has a calming affect on anxiety and improves sleep quality, both in the amount of time it takes to fall asleep and total sleep time.
- Exercise boosts your overall performance. Being fit and strong will help you with everyday activities like running to catch a bus, carrying heavy bags of groceries, and bending down to tie your shoes. It will also make fun, active things easier like playing beach volleyball with friends or going for a hike.
There really are a lot of reasons to work out out, so tell me, what's your number one reason?