Trying to eat more greens? Me too. Leafy greens are one of nature’s most perfect foods to cleanse, restore, and rejuvenate a beautiful body and spirit. Re-invent your next salad with this fresh avocado and basil dressing. This dressing can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for three days. Throw it in a small Ball jar and take it to work too! There is a prettier version of this recipe on my inspiration board as well. I can't seem to make it as pretty here, but I promise this dressing is delicious! Let me know what you think!
- 1 avocado, pitted and meat removed from shell
- 1/2 cup of basil, packed
- 3 tablespoons good olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups filtered water, to thin
- Add the avocado, basil, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt, and honey to your food processor. Pulse a few times to combine.
- Then add 1/2 cup of water and blend. Continue adding water up to 1 1/2 cups total until you reach your desired consistency.
- Toss in a serving with salad and enjoy!
I find that in more delicate salads 2 to 3 tablespoons (almost 1/4 cup) of this dressing goes a long way. In firmer salads, such as in a curly green kale salad, this dressing massages beautifully into the leaves, tenderizing them nicely.
Note: If you do not have a food processor you may also deconstruct this dressing and still enjoy the taste. Simply scoop out the avocado, slice and lay it on top of a bed of greens. Add the basil leaves to the salad. Then in a small bowl mix together a dressing with a bit of olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, salt and a touch of Dijon mustard to bring it all together.
- Condiments/Sauces, Dressings
If you have a nutritious and tasty recipe to share, post it in the Healthy Recipe Group, and you just may see it posted here on FitSugar.