I grew up loving Banana Nut Bread, and here's a twist on my mom's famous recipe. Since it includes additional fruit besides bananas I can use less sugar, so not only is it naturally sweet and flavorful but it's also full of fiber.
Check out the recipe after the break.
3 ripe bananas
1 cup of dried cranberries
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups wheat flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup walnuts
oil (for the pan)
- Preheat the oven to 325° F.
- Peel all three bananas and mash them in a bowl with a fork.
- Now peel and dice the apple and add that to the bowl with the mashed up bananas.
- Add the egg, cranberries, cinnamon, and salt, and mix well with a fork.
- Add the flour and sugar, and stir it all up until it's all moist and looks like this.
- Now use the oil to grease two mini muffin pans. Spoon batter and fill up each hole all the way. Top with a sprinkle of walnuts.
- Bake the muffins for about 20 minutes.
- You'll have enough batter to fill another mini muffin tin, and maybe an additional half, making a total of 42 mini muffins.
- Breads, Desserts
- North American
POPSUGAR, the #1
independent media and technology company for women. Where more than 75 million women go for
original, inspirational content that feeds their passions and interests.