All of the ingredients used are raw, meaning that you're ingesting all of their live vibrant enzymes. This recipe is not "technically" vegan, as I use raw honey (which has incredible anti-inflammatory properties!), but feel free to experiment with vegan sweeteners like maple syrup or agave.
Check out the recipe after the break!
1.5 cup walnuts
1 ripe banana
15 medjool dates
1 ripe banana
4 tbsp almond butter
4 tbsp raw honey
1/4 cup raw cacao
1. Combine bottom ingredients in a food processor and process until well blended. There were some chunks remaining, but as long as it’s predominantly smooth, you should be good.
2. Spread blended bottom ingredients in a glass pan. I put some plastic wrap in the bottom to make removing the bars from the pan once frozen so much easier! Spread out the mixture until evenly distributed.
3. Combine topping ingredients in a food processor and process until well blended, should be smooth. Beware, this stuff is dangerously delicious. Try and contain yourself from eating it all at once!
4. Spread blended topping ingredients over bottom ingredients in pan.
5. Place in the freezer for a couple hours.
6. Remove from pan, cut into squares and serve! (Makes 18 or so 1-inch squares).
Have a healthy way to satisfy a sweet tooth? Post it in our Healthy Recipe group in the Fit Community!