This week's challenge in our Get Fit For 2010 giveaway is to share a healthy recipe. If you need a new idea for your morning meal, give this breakfast quinoa a try, posted by FitSugar Community member leens824. The recipe calls for blueberries, but I used strawberries instead.
See the yummy recipe when you
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked and rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup apricot nectar (or other nectar, no extra sugar added)
- 2 apples, cored, diced
- 1 cup blueberries, rinsed
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 2 cups plain yogurt (nonfat, no sugar added)
1. Bring rinsed quinoa, water and nectar to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cover. Let cook until all liquid is absorbed, about 10-15 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and let cool. Once quinoa is completely cool, toss with diced apples, blueberries, and chopped walnuts. Top with yogurt just before serving.
Makes 4 servings.
- Other, Breakfast/Brunch
Thinking about your health goals for the new year? Join our Get Fit For 2010 community group and write a blog post about your goals — don't forget to check out this week's challenge. By participating, you'll be entered into the drawing for our weekly giveaway of a $100 Nike gift card as well as an awesome grand prize.