Even though it may be cold outside, I still crave ice cream (it's one of my downfalls). Store bought frozen yogurt is so much healthier than ice cream but many can contain a lot of added sugar. Instead, I like to whip up a batch of frozen yogurt popsicles with fresh fruit.
Want to see my recipe? Then read more
What you need:
1 cup yogurt (I use vanilla, but you can use any flavor)
1 banana, halved lengthwise and sliced
6 strawberries, washed, halved, and sliced
1/2 cup crushed pineapple
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 kid-sized paper cups or a plastic popsicle mold
4 popsicle sticks
What you do:
- Combine all the ingredients into a bowl and mix well. If you want your popscicles to have a smooth consistency, place all the ingredients in a food processor.
- Now pour the mixture into the cups or mold so they're three quarters full.
- If you're using cups, cover each with a piece of foil. Cut a small slit in the middle and poke the stick through.
- Place them in the freezer for about five hours.
- When you're ready to eat them, remove the foil. Turn the cup upside down and run the bottom under hot water and gently wiggle the stick until you can pull the popsicle out. Enjoy!