You've heard of seven-layer dip, but how about a seven-layer salad? If you want to impress your friends and fellow diners with a gorgeous dish that will satiate the tummy while providing a good dose of protein and essential vitamins, look no further than this light and healthy meal. Served up in a pretty trifle bowl, the vibrant vegetables situated in a rainbow strata looks troublesome to make, but is quite easy to manage and is filling enough for a luncheon with the girls or dinner with the family. Are your taste buds watering yet?
Come get the delish recipe and check out the nutritional value.
1 box of Jiffy cornbread
2 cups of chopped romaine lettuce
1 can of black beans rinsed and drained
1 can of corn drained
1 orange bell pepper diced
1 cup tomatoes diced
1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
2 stalks chopped green onions for garnish
1/4 cup cilantro
2 limes (juice)
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp garlic salt
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a blender and pulse it until the cilantro is well blended into the lime juice and avocado.
- Cook the Jiffy cornbread according to box directions. Set aside and let cool. Cut in half and break half of it up into small crumbs. Layer the bottom of a dish (a trifle bowl is preferable) with the crumbled cornbread.
- Add half of the romaine lettuce on top of the cornbread for the second layer.
- Next, add half of the black beans.
- On top of the beans, add half of the corn.
- After the corn, pile on half of the bell peppers.
- Following the bell peppers, sprinkle half of the tomatoes on top.
- Toss half of the cheddar cheese on top of the tomato layer.
- Drizzle half of the dressing onto the salad.
- Repeat steps 2 through 8.
- Finally, place the green onions on top of the salad and enjoy!
- Vegetables, Salads
|Total Fat (g)||