If you're curious how to make this delicious appetizer,
- 1 large artichoke
- 1/3 cup raw almonds, slivered
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/3 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons baked shallot crisps (make them ahead)
- Dollop of sauerkraut
- 1 tablespoon vegenaise
- 1 tablespoon sauerkraut
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon flax oil
- Rinse artichoke with cool water. Cut stem and tip from artichoke.
- In a medium pot, boil 1 to 2 cups of water and sea salt. Place artichoke face up on medium/high. Cover and steam for 35 to 40 minutes or until tender.
- Allow to cool and remove from pot onto a dish. Sprinkle nuts and shallot crisps. Top the center with a dollop of sauerkraut and dip sauce. Drizzle with flax oil. Sprinkle coriander.
- To make the dip sauce mix lemon juice, veganaise, mustard, pepper, and paprika. Add a dash of garlic salt. Serve and gently pull each thorn. Dip in sauce and enjoy a tasty treat of heaven.
Serves 1 to 2
If you have a tasty and healthy recipe to share, please share it in the Healthy Recipe Group. Include a photo and maybe we will post it on FitSugar!