Are you like Tom and Katie and preparing for a really big event? The stress can become a bit too much when preparing for any big event, but especially if you are a celebrity about to tie the knot.
Fit's got some suggestions to keep your stress levels down before a big event, so
- Keep your eye on the ball. Sometimes we can all get caught up in the planning and details rather than what it's all about. If you're throwing a huge benefit tomorrow, keep in mind that everyone is coming for a cause...in the end, the color of the napkins is not worth staying up all night.
- If you're in charge of a lot of details for a big event, like say hosting Thanksgiving for all 100 of your closest friends, then make a physical list so your brain is not up all night making a mental one.
- Take some time for yourself. If you're about to get married, everyone is going to want a piece of your time to chit chat. Make sure to give yourself some me moments where you can do what you want to do. Even if it is watch the episode of Grey's that you tivo'ed and have yet to watch.
- Meditate. Meditation is a great way to clear your head and relax. Try a simple technique like sit in a quiet dark place, close your eyes and focus only on your breathing for 10-15 minutes.
- Avoid potential situations that could add stress. Car Crashes are hard to avoid but if you know you have a big event coming up then the night before don't plan a dinner with your sister who you haven't spoken to since she killed your hamster.