I am always looking for spa treatments I can do in my home with ingredients found readily in my fridge. After a day of harsh weather on the mountain skiing or sitting in an over heated office, it is a great idea to treat yourself to a moisturizing masque. Feed your skin and relax your mind at the same time.
Here is a great moisturizing masque made with just avocados and eggs, courtesy of the California Avocado Commission.
- Beat the yolk of an egg until it is light and frothy.
- Add the mashed pulp of half an avocado, mix well in a blender.
- Cleanse your face thoroughly before using this masque (or any masque, for that matter).
- Spread the avocado mixture over the face and neck evenly, and just lie down and relax about 20 minutes.
- Remove with clear tepid water and a face cloth, followed by a rinse of cold water or a mild skin lotion.
You should see a marked improvement in skin texture, and might experience a deep craving for some guacamole.