Sometimes we just need to reward ourselves and finding ways to do it that are not food or alcohol related can be difficult. From the Speak up: How do you Reward Yourself post it seems like most of you go shopping or eat some dark chocolate. Both activities are super fun, but sometimes a shopping spree just isn't in the cards or the wallet.
I must say I really like brazilnut's reward of a "trying on spree." It is free and fun.
Here are a few other ideas:
- Buy a song on iTunes, only 99 cents
- Join Netflix and have movies delivered to your home - plans start at $4.99
- Pick up some nail polish and give yourself a mani/pedi
- Buy one stem of your favorite flower - lilacs are abundant now and so wonderfully fragrant
- Call your best friend that recently moved away
- Buy a box of yummy tea
- Take the night off from chores and take a bath
If you have another suggestion, by all means, add it to the list.