The other day after a strength training class I overheard two women talking in the locker room. One asked the other if she was going for a run later, to which the woman replied, "Are you kidding me? I just flat ironed my hair. I'm not doing anything to work up a sweat for a week." I giggled, empathizing with misbehaving hair issues, but realized that's just another silly excuse to wiggle out of a workout.
I asked fans of FitSugar's Facebook page to share some of the lamest excuses they'd heard or used to get out of a workout, and the answers were a classic mix of relatable and ridiculous. Here are some of my favorites:
- "I have to go to the bathroom." — Stephanie F
- "I'm too out of shape." — Jill T
- "I'm too tired, after a day of lounging." — Lisa M-H
- "I'll double up for tomorrow." — Karen W
- "It might be PMS." — Sumya E
- "It's hailing outside!" — Michelle S
- "I can't come to spin class tonight sorry, the newest episode of Jersey Shore is on in five minutes." — Adina J
- "It's boring." — Candice P
What's the worst excuse you've ever heard (or used) to get out of a workout?
Source: Flickr User emdot