I love making homemade hummus — it's so easy and so cheap! But I must admit, eating the same flavor each time is a little boring. Inspired by the farmers market, I baked up some heirloom tomatoes and added them to my finished hummus. The result was simply delicious and I couldn't stop dipping my veggies in it. Here is a basic hummus recipe that you can easily jazz up with things you have on hand, but I highly recommend roasting tomatoes to add.
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1-pound, 3-ounce cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2/3 cup tahini, well stirred
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil, or to taste
- 1/2 to 1 cup roasted tomato
Add all of the ingredients to a food a processor, and blend until smooth.
- Dips, Appetizers