Swimming is a great form of exercise, but when you're in the pool you can get bored and dizzy just swimming back and forth doing laps. Why not try these exercises to challenge different muscle groups while in the water? These exercises also double as warm-up and cool-down moves.
- Hold on to the side of the pool and work on kicking your legs — do flutter and frog kicks. Kind of like using a kickboard but oddly more fun.
- You can also use the edge of the pool to keep your balance while doing leg lifts to work the muscles in your tummy, legs, and bottom. On each leg, do ten sets each of lifting your leg in front of you, to the side, and behind you.
- Run in the water to increase your heart rate.
- Tread water to improve your arm and leg strength.
- Just for fun, try doing a handstand or walking on your hands on the bottom of the pool. It's easier to practice your balance as compared to doing it on land.