- You map out your daily workouts on your Google calendar and set it to send you a text reminder but never actually need the reminder. You're on the routine like a rat on cheese.
- You know the gym staff's schedule. They know your middle name, job, and birth date.
- You have a favorite set of dumbbells, favorite treadmill, favorite place to stretch, and so on.
- You notice when a fellow rat wears the same shorts or tee in one week.
- You've made up life stories for the other regular characters.
For five other ways you know you're a gym rat,
- You regularly shun or reschedule social activities to work around your scheduled gym time. Your motto is: Efficient workout first, fun later.
- You know which gym goers hog the treadmill, weight machines, and TV remotes.
- You've architected a plan for streamlining the gym's efficiency in your mind and find yourself discussing it with your spouse or friends.
- You're the mayor of your gym on Foursquare. Or you would be if you checked in.
- When you can't be reached, your friends or spouse just assume you're sweating it out.
What makes you a gym rat (or not)? Tell me in the comments section below.