Looking for a yummy snack? Or an easy breakfast?
Thank you to user Suzanne for sharing with us her snack idea for a healthy trifle recipe (and the beautiful picture of it too).
What could be better than all your “start the day” healthy foods assembled into the yummiest breakfast or snack you’ve ever tasted – and ready to just scoop into a bowl and enjoy before running out the door!
- 1/2 cup dried unsweetened cranberries
- 1/2 cup fresh Blueberries
- 1/2 cup strawberries in bite sized pieces
- 6-8 (4 oz). packs Dannon Light & Fit Vanilla Cream yogurt
- 3/4 cup muesli or granola or crumbled protein bar or any other whole grain thing you like to start your day with...
- 1/3 cup raw sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup uncooked rolled oats
In a pretty bowl, sprinkle the cranberries on the bottom. Top with 1/3 of your yogurt to cover. Top that with the fresh fruits. Then 1/3 more of the yogurt – then sprinkle on your whole grain of choice, top with remainder of the yogurt and sprinkle the top with the sliced almonds and oats.
Why I like it: The base of this recipe is a calcium rich vanilla cream yogurt that has only 3 grams of carbs and an impressive 5 grams of protein with only 3 grams of fat. Add to that the red fruits, whole grains, nuts and the touch of vitamin C from the strawberries and you’re good to go. While you’re dishing out your morning portion, why not scoop up a bit to pack and go for a midday snack!
Have your own healthy snacks? Join the Snack Attack Group and share you ideas with everyone! You could be picked to be featured for an upcoming "Snack Attack!"