People are always asking me what makes good pre- and post-workout snacks and so I am always on the lookout for them. As you can imagine, I was thrilled to see that MSNBC recently did an article on the best fuel for your workout and they are:
Before the workout:
- A banana with yogurt.
- A whole-wheat toasted bagel with fruit spread.
- A quick bowl of instant oatmeal.
For a quick refuel after the workout, just
After the workout:
- A peanut butter sandwich.
- A small handful of walnuts or almonds.
- A fruit smoothie with some protein powder.
Do you have any great pre- or post-workout snack ideas? Share them below!