Skip Nav
Healthy Living Tips
Researchers Discover a Major Reason to Eat More Cauliflower
Weight Loss
The 6 Things I Do Every Sunday to Stay Healthy All Week
Class Fitsugar
7 Minutes to Crop-Top Abs

Stress Linked to Cervical Cancer

Stressed Out? It May Cause Cervical Cancer

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but a new study shows that stress could play a role in causing cervical cancer. HPV, the sexually transmitted STI that can cause genital warts, is also a main cause of cervical cancer. A good percentage of sexually active women will get HPV sometime in their lives, but 90 percent will get rid of the virus without it causing any problems. For the other 10 percent, this new study suggests that feeling stressed may have something to do with it. Why? When you're under stress, your immune system is less likely to have the ability to fight off illnesses and disease. Stressed out women who were part of the study showed an impaired response to HPV.

This doesn't mean that if your work or day-to-day life is stressing you out that you're automatically going to contract cervical cancer. More research is definitely needed, but in the meantime it'd be a good idea to try and decrease the amount of stress in your life. Take a hot bath, a relaxing yoga class, have a soothing cup of tea, read a book, get a massage, or go on a wellness retreat. You'll feel better mentally and physically.

Fit's Tips: If you're sexually active, and not in a mutually monogamous relationship, then you may want to think about getting Gardasil, the cervical cancer vaccine.

Source

Around The Web
Join The Conversation
emalove emalove 8 years
Great...:(
Allytta Allytta 8 years
there has been some new development in servical cancer prevention and one can get a vacinated from it. my mom though i should do it. but it's quite expensive, but affordable.
Lovely_1 Lovely_1 8 years
:( That's horrible...
Lovely_1 Lovely_1 8 years
:(That's horrible...
aimeeb aimeeb 8 years
Good to know...
aimeeb aimeeb 8 years
Good to know...
How to Decipher Your Abnormal Pap Smear Results
Harvard Grad Commencement Speech | Video
Cynthia Nixon on HPV Vaccination
Gardasil Vaccine For Your Girl?
HPV Explained: From Cervical Dysplasia and Cancer to Testing For HPV
New Guidelines For Pap and HPV Tests
Should Boys Shoulder the Burden, Too?

POPSUGAR, the #1 independent media and technology company for women. Where more than 75 million women go for original, inspirational content that feeds their passions and interests.

From Our Partners
Latest Fitness
X