With all the running, biking, and hiking you're doing in this warm weather, stretching out your legs is a must. Here's a great way to target your quads using a wall. It'll offer the muscles in the front of your middle thigh, right above your knee, an intensely deep stretch.
- Fold up a mat or towel and place it in front of a wall.
- Kneel down and place your right knee on the towel and your shin against the wall. Point your toes so the top of your right foot is against the wall. If this is too hard, or it hurts your knee, move the towel a few inches away from the wall.
- Place your left foot on the ground about 12 to 18 inches away from the wall, so it's directly underneath your left knee.
- Press into your left foot and lean your torso back against the wall to intensify the stretch.
- Stay here for at least 30 seconds. Then slowly release and do this stretch with your left foot against the wall.