If you're suffering from neck pain, shoulder tension, or a headache, stretching out the upper part of your spine might offer some relief. You can do this stretch in the car, at your desk, or anytime your neck needs a little love.
- Sit comfortably in a chair or on the floor.
- Clasp your hands and bring both palms to the back of your head. Sitting with a tall spine, ground your hips firmly into your seat.
- From here begin to gently press your hands down toward your thighs, tucking your chin into your chest. As you press down, use the heels of your palms to pull your head away from your shoulders. This will intensify the stretch even more.
- Hold here for at least 30 seconds, and then slowly lift your head up and release your hands.
- Do the Seated Heart Opener to stretch the front of your neck.
Source: POPSUGAR Studios