People are always asking me "What's a great way to open your shoulders?" Have I got the stretch for you . . .
- Start in a seated position on your mat with your legs extended straight out in front of you.
- Bring one arm at a time behind your back so your fingertips are facing away from you.
- Begin to walk your hands further away from your head, trying (if you can) to keep your arms and hands in a straight line behind your shoulders.
- Go as far as you feel comfortable and hold for 5 or 10 breaths (or longer if you love it).
- SLOWLY walk your hands back in - come to lie down on your back, hugging both knees into your chest and wrapping your arms around your shins to release your lower back and your shoulders.
Intense, isn't it? Intensely amazing, I think.