OK, we're going to tone it down a little from the last challenge, Tripod Balance Pose into Crow.
Here's a pose that works your hamstrings and opens your chest and shoulders at the same time.
Bound Wide-Legged Forward Bend
- Begin with your feet about 3-4 feet apart.
- Bend at your knees and hips, lean forward and bring your right elbow and arm through your legs and behind your right hamstring.
- Reach your left arm behind your lower back.
- Try to bind around your right leg, touching your hands together - if you can, the right hand holds the left wrist.
- From here, try to straighten through your legs, and pull your right shoulder open towards the ceiling.
- Stay here for 5 breaths and then switch sides.
That's it folks. Practice opening up those hamstrings - you'll need it for next week's challenge. Want to see previous challenges? Go to It's a STRETCH: Fit's Yoga Challenge group.