We always place emphasis on how much protein we need, but sometimes it can be a struggle to fit into your diet. Meaty products may seem like your best bet for protein, but if you're following an animal-free food plan, you might not know where to start. Luckily, there are plenty of vegetarian-friendly foods that pack a hefty punch of protein. You probably already know about the benefits of beans and tofu, but there are a few foods on this list that just might surprise you.
- Spinach (one cup, cooked): 5.3 g
- Bulgur (one cup, cooked): 5.6 g
- Raw almonds (23 kernels): 5.9 g
- Frozen edamame (one-half cup): 6 g
- Sunflower seeds (one-fourth cup): 6.2 g
- Quinoa (one cup, cooked): 8.1g
Keep reading for three foods that all offer more than 15 grams of protein!
- Cottage cheese (four ounces): 15.5 g
- Greek yogurt (one six-ounce container, Chobani): 18 g
- Tempeh (3.5 ounces): 18.2 g
Which of these foods do you already eat regularly?