We all love sugar. I mean what's not love about sugar? While there is no alternative for Sugar's online community - smirk - there are some real natural alternatives to your ordinary processed (and stripped of any available nutrients) table sugar.
- Stevia is far more sweeter than sugar and it comes from an herb -- Just don't call it an artificial sweetener, for now it can only go by dietary supplement.
- Maple Syrup is just made from boiling sap and it has some trace minerals as well as some calcium and iron.
- Natural Sugar is great because naturally milled sugars go through a single process that leaves some of the trace nutrients from the cane.
- Honey is probably the most well known substitute for sugar -- Use it in place of sugar for its natural anti-inflammatory effect. Honey is also a natural antiseptic.
- Date Sugar is simply ground dried dates so it still contains small amounts of several vitamins and minerals found in the dates.
Fit's Tip: Some people also use Molasses and Brown Rice Syrup as sugar alternatives but due to their distinct tastes I don't ever opt for them, but if you're indifferent you may want to give one or both a try.