For the salad:
1 small sweet potato, unpeeled, diced into bite-sized pieces
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup quinoa
1/2 cup black beans
1/4 red pepper, diced
2 cups greens (you choose)
1 tablespoon dried cranberries
1 tablespoon salted sunflower seeds
For the dressing:
1/4 cup mango, fresh or frozen
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a bowl, add oil, and stir to coat. Sprinkle with a touch of salt and pepper. Spread evenly on a pan, and roast for 20 or so minutes, stirring a couple times, until the potatoes are soft.
- Place the quinoa and half a cup of water in a covered pot on high. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until the liquid is all soaked up and the quinoa is tender.
- Puree the mango with the balsamic vinegar and water, and set aside.
- Allow the roasted potatoes and quinoa to cool to room temperature.
- Start layering the salad in the jar beginning with the black beans. Add the cooked quinoa, and pour the mango balsamic vinaigrette on top.
- Top with diced red pepper, greens, roasted sweet potatoes, dried cranberries, and sunflower seeds.
- Screw top on securely, and store in the fridge.
- When you're ready to eat, give the jar a good shake to mix everything up and enjoy!
Source: Calorie Count 
Related: 25 Mason-Jar Salad Recipes to Make Co-Workers Jealous 
- Salads, Main Dishes
- 1 serving
- Cook Time
- 45 minutes
- Calories per serving