If any of you guys are following Paul McKenna's new show, I Can Make You Thin then you may have heard something about a Tapping Technique for cravings. I know that people follow the show religiously but I can't help but laugh when watching it.
Most recently a co-worker filled me in on McKenna's eight-step (yes, eight steps) technique for getting rid of cravings and wow, what a technique it is. I'm not sure this would work for my cravings other than confuse the heck out of me. Personally, I like your ideas for curbing cravings better than this interesting approach. However if you want to learn it then
The Tapping Technique:
- I want you to get the biggest desire for a food that you can right now. If you don’t have a big enough craving, put this technique to one side and come back to it when you’re really feeling it.
- Focus on this craving for a moment, and when you’ve thought of that I’d like you to rate your desire for a food on a scale of 1-10, with 1 being the lowest and 10 the highest. This is important, because in a moment we want to know how much you’ve reduced it.
- On a scale of 1-10, how strong is your craving? Remember, if you’re not really craving a bite (i.e. your craving is not at least a 7), come back to this technique later.
- Now take two fingers of either hand and tap about 10 times under your collarbone while you continue to think about eating.
- Now tap under your eye ten times.
- Now tap under your collarbone again.
- Place your other hand in front of you and tap on the back of it between your ring finger and your little finger. Continue to think about your desire for food as you do this and each of the steps which follow:
- Close your eyes and open them.
- Keep your head still, keep tapping and look down to the right then down to the left.
- Keep tapping and rotate your eyes round 360 degrees clockwise, and now 360 degrees counterclockwise.
- Remember to keep thinking about the food you were craving as you do this!
- Now hum the first few lines of "Happy Birthday" out loud.
- Count out loud from 1 to 5.
- Once again hum the first few lines of ‘Happy Birthday’ out loud.
- Stop and check – on a scale from 1 to 10, what number is your craving at now? If it hasn’t completely gone yet, just repeat this sequence again until it does.
Anyone tried it? If so, I'm dying to hear if it works so share you stories below.