To keep me from cracking my teeth into a bacterial oblivion, my dentist passed on some pointers to me that I'm happy to share with you. Want to check the suggestions out?
- Lay off the caffeine. It can get you hyper and worked up before bedtime when you should be relaxed and calm.
- Say no to gum. Since chewing gum mimics the grinding motion you might make when sleeping, encourage your jaw and teeth to get back in the groove during sleeping hours by giving gum up.
- Engage in meditation before hitting the sheets. It can relax your whole body — right down to your jaw.
- Unwind. Read a book or take a bath to de-stress before bedtime.
- Get a professional bite guard to protect the teeth from each other.
Do you have any pointers to share with us? Please share in the comments section below!