I'm always looking for ways to squeeze bits of exercise into my busy day. Even if doing push-ups on the bathroom counter after brushing my teeth only takes a couple minutes, it still takes some effort. Here are some ways you can tone up without even trying.
- Take the stairs every time and skip the elevators since stepping up strengthens your lower body.
- When walking or running on the treadmill, increase the incline slightly to tone your quads, glutes, and calves.
- Carry a basket at the grocery store instead of pushing a cart to work your upper body.
- If you have a desk job, sit on an exercise ball instead of a regular chair and you'll really feel it in your entire core.
- Walk on your toes when getting ready for work to target your calves.
- Use a baby carrier instead of a stroller when with your infant or toddler. A Moby wrap can comfortably hold up to 35 pounds, and wearing your baby is like wearing a weighted vest!
- Don't just sit on the couch when chatting with your mom or best friend. Whether on the phone or in person, walk while talking to tone your legs.