Whether you exercise at home, need something for a rainy day, or want a workout you can travel with, a fitness DVD is the perfect solution. But with titles coming out every week, it's hard to know which ones are worth the splurge. To take the guesswork out of choosing which fitness DVD to buy, here are our picks for some of the year's best. Go ahead. Buy yourself a present from this list — a fitness DVD is definitely the kind of gift that keeps on giving!
- The Biggest Loser: Last Chance Workout ($10) Jillian Michaels and past Biggest Loser contestants take you through three workouts that focus on maximizing the body's fat burning capabilities. If you loved the fast pace of Jillian's 30 Day Shred, this DVD won't disappoint. Equal emphasis placed on strength and cardio.
- Personal Training with Jackie: Power Circuit Training ($10) Celeb trainer Jackie Warner usually gets $400 per hour for a circuit training session — save yourself some bucks and buy this DVD instead. There are five different circuit training workouts that differ in total workout time and areas of the body targeted.
- Jari Love: Get Extremely Ripped ($15) The title pretty much says it all. An hour-long DVD full of squats, lunges, overhead presses, and biceps curls. Be warned: all your muscles will be aching after this one.
To see what other fitness DVDs we loved this year,
- Shiva Rea: Daily Energy — Vinyasa Flow Yoga ($20) Practicing yoga to this DVD, it becomes clear why Shiva Rea is considered one of the top Vinyasa yoga instructors. Her latest DVD contains seven 20-minute sessions, which encourages time on the mat every day. Practices range from grounding and relaxing to uplifting and energetic.
- Harley Pasternak's 5-Factor Fitness DVD and Journal ($35) Harley is the guy behind giving Lady Gaga her killer abs, and he shares the same moves in this workout DVD. A total 5-week program that focuses on diet and exercise, which uses Harley's 5-Factor program. As the weeks go on, the intensity of the workouts do too.
- Jillian Michaels: Banish Fat Boost Metabolism ($12) An all over body sculpting circuit workout led by hardcore trainer Jillian Michaels. Quick movements and high rep counts make this a challenging workout geared towards the more advanced.
- Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds Ultimate Collection ($14) When it comes to the walking workout, Leslie Sansone is queen. This is a great collection for someone getting started with a fitness regimen or who wants a gentler approach. Leslie also incorporates floor mat routines, weights, and stretches to her walking workouts to maximize results.
- So You Think You Can Dance: Tone and Groove ($13) Dance with past contestants from So You Think You Can Dance as they take you through upbeat and fun cardio routines focusing on hip-hop, jazz, and cha cha.