I have always loved hearing what nutritionist Joy Bauer has to say on the Today Show, because she understands that we all just want to feel good with ourselves. In her book Food Cures she explains what to eat (and when and how) for what's ailing you. From lowering high cholesterol and blood pressure, to improving skin tone, sharpening memory, sleeping better, taking charge of PMS and arthritis to just plain ole' feeling good, there's a food for it. What's more? She also explains what foods to avoid and how to make a proper grocery list.
Want to know what you should eat to boost your mood? Then
Joy gives Yahoo.com the scoop from her book on the ten foods to eat to help put you in a better mood:
- Wild salmon (rich in omega 3 fats and vitamin D)
- Spinach - (rich in folic acid and soluble fiber)
- Skim milk - (rich in Vitamin D and B12)
- Ground flaxseeds (rich in soluble fiber, omega 3 fats and folic acid)
- Blackberries (rich in soluble fiber and folic acid)
- Omega 3 fortified eggs - (rich in omega 3 fats, Vitamin D and B12)
- Sardines ( rich in omega 3 fats and Vitamin D)
- Soybeans - (rich in soluble fiber, folic acid and omega 3 fats)
- Beans (rich in soluble fiber and folic acid)
- Brussels sprouts (soluble fiber and folic acid)
Like the way this is going? Then buy Joy Bauer's Food Cures ($11.37) from Amazon.