Finding the perfect workout buddy can be as challenging as finding the right pair of sneaks. Whether they push you too much or not nearly enough, here are some signs it's time to "break up" with your fitness partner.
- She calls you five minutes before you're supposed to meet her outside for a morning run and invites you over for pancakes instead.
- She obnoxiously screams out random numbers while you're trying to count out reps.
- You hop on the treadmill next to your buddy, and while punching in your weight, she glances over and exclaims, "Holy crap, you weigh _____!!"
- She tells you to bail on your group session with the hot fitness trainer because she wants to "make her move."
- While doing your dumbbell sets, she continually asks, "Are you done yet?"
Keep reading to see the last five signs it's time to find a new workout buddy.
- You sign up for your first half-marathon, and she calls you wimpy for not signing up for a full.
- When you call to confirm a workout for later that day, she responds with excuses like, "I already showered today," "I can't find my sports bra," "I'm way too tired," "I didn't shave," or "(sigh) Didn't we work out yesterday?"
- After a run outside, she offers you a celebratory cigarette.
- While strength training, your buddy is more concerned with exercising her jaw muscles.
- You call your buddy up and invite her to try a new yoga class, and she says, "Is it that really hot type of yoga? Because I don't like to sweat when I work out."