Test your knowledge with these common weight loss ideas.
- True or False: Extreme weight loss is safe.
- True or False: A healthy way to lose weight is with regular exercise and a smart diet.
- True or False: Skipping meals is a great way to cut calories.
- True or False: Certain foods burn fat and make you lose weight.
- True or False: If I want to lose weight, weight training is a good way to help accomplish that.
To find out the answers,
1. False. Extreme dieting is extremely unhealthy and not something you would want to live your life by -- Everything in moderation.
2. True. Smart food choices and portion control along with regular exercise is a healthy (and safe) way to drop pounds.
3. False. Skipping meals can put your body in starvation mode. People who skip meals are more likely to overeat later. Also? Breakfast gets your metabolism going for the rest of the day. If your body feels like it's in starvation mode first thing in the morning, it's going to store every bit of food you eat as fat.
4. False. Foods with caffeine may speed up your metabolism temporarily but there are no foods that will actually burn fat.
5. True. The more muscle you can build, the more calories you will burn, even when you are at rest. Plus, muscle is denser than fat, so it takes up less room.