Last night my husband was complaining that his wrist was hurting him a little bit and that he thought he may have injured the joint while doing push-ups or something.
Being the stellar wife that I am, I began my quest to find out how to wrap it best if it came down to that. Lucky for me, I found an easy how-to for properly applying an elastic bandage from the University of Michigan Health System:
- Start wrapping the bandage lower than the area that is injured.
- Continue to wrap upward around the injury.
- Fully wrap the entire area that is injured, wrapping securely. But do not wrap so tightly that the bandage causes the area to swell.
- If the area or surrounding area begins to swell, turn cold, blue or numb, loosen the bandage.
- Continue to use the bandage until the injury has healed.