Posing in a pink bikini, actress Vanessa Hudgens looks ab-tastic on Shape magazine's April cover. In the issue, the star opens up about her favorite workouts (kickboxing, Pilates, and spinning) and gets real about her 2007 fast-food addiction. Four years later, Vanessa is eating healthy and kicking major butt in the action-packed Sucker Punch (out in theaters on March 25), a role she had to get in major shape for. Check out what else Vanessa had to say:
- On her past fast-food addiction: "I was so unhealthy. I used to go to Cold Stone Creamery, get a tub of Butterfinger ice cream and eat it all before bedtime. And my fingers were permanently stained orange from Cheetos . . . I lived on Hot Pockets and never touched vegetables; I needed to do something about my diet."
- On her now love of healthy eating: "It's [spinach salad with grilled chicken or salmon, almonds, feta, truffle oil, and Himalayan sea salt] my favorite meal . . . I like egg white omelets with veggies or oatmeal with almonds and fruit . . . When you're putting good stuff into your body, you feel so much better."
- On the benefits of working out: "Exercise is amazing from the inside out. I feel so alive and have more energy."
See what Vanessa had to say about staying in shape when you
- On getting in shape for Sucker Punch: "I knew it was going to be hard but I didn't know how hard. In the beginning I could dead lift 135 pounds. By the end, I lifted 180 pounds. I was a monster."
- On the pros of having a workout partner: "I wouldn't have been able to do it [get in shape for Sucker Punch] if it weren't for the other girls. It's because of them that I got so strong . . . Having someone to go to classes with makes you want to do your best, not just for yourself but for the other person too."