Vegan Artichoke-Walnut Pesto Crostini
The pesto can be made 2-3 days in advance and kept in the fridge. Otherwise you can freeze it for up to a month.
- 14 ounces canned artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup packed fresh basil
- 3/4 cups walnuts, toasted
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1b campari tomatoes, sliced thin (or any other small tomato)
- 1 baguette, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a food processor, pulse artichoke hearts, basil, walnuts, garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper, 1/4 cup oil, and water until combined.
- Place bread slices on a large baking sheet and drizzle lightly with olive oil. Bake 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Spread pesto on warm crostini and top each with one tomato slice. Return to oven for another 1- 1 1/2 minutes, or until tomato is heated through.
- Serve warm.