1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
1/2 cup raw sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 small zucchini
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Ice cream filling:
2 ripe bananas
1 tablespoon natural peanut butter (I used creamy)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 8x11-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir the dry ingredients together (flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt).
- Place the zucchini in a food processor, and puree it as much as you can. Add in the oil and vanilla extract and puree until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry and mix until a thick batter forms.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before covering with aluminum foil and placing in the fridge for at least an hour to firm up.
- Peel the two ripe bananas. Place in a bowl with the peanut butter and mash together until very smooth. Place in the fridge until the chocolate sandwiches are ready.
- Remove the pan with the chocolate sandwiches from the fridge. Cut it so there are 10 pieces.
- Spread out the foil you used to cover the pan onto your counter. Place five pieces on it. Divide the banana peanut butter mixture evenly among the five pieces. Top with the last five chocolate rectangles, wrap with the foil, and freeze for at least two hours.
- Remove from the freezer and enjoy!
- Frozen, Desserts
- 5 sandwiches
- Cook Time
- 3 hours 30 mins
- Calories per serving