Be sure to choose leaves from a basil plant that hasn't yet flowered — the flowers can make the leaves taste bitter.
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Place the basil, garlic, pine nuts, and salt in a food processor, and blend until combined but slightly coarse.
- Add the olive oil, and blend until smooth.
- Use it right away or store it in the fridge (one week) or freezer (up to three months).
Yields about 1 cup of pesto. Below is the nutritional info for 1/4-cup serving.
Source: Calorie King 
- 1 cup; 4 servings
- Cook Time
- 10 mins
- Calories per serving