Lots of people have a hard time staying on their diet at work due to one main culprit: The vending machine. Duh, duh, dom...
It's hard to believe that one machine can wreak so much havoc on your diet (and your wallet), but it can and it does.
If you find yourself heading to the vending machine during the day,
The vending machine can be full of lots of unhealthy treats that are hard to ignore. Here are some tips in combating the vending machine:
- Keep healthy snacks in your desk.
- Drinks lots of fluids (water is a great choice) to keep your stomach from running on empty -- the fluids will decrease your need to snack.
- Chew on gum. A stick of some super strong mint gum not only keeps your mouth occupied, but often the mint flavor is so strong that you won't have the taste for anything else.
- Avoid the vending machine and or candy jar when you can -- I always say you won't miss what you don't see. I never crave Snickers bars unless I see someone eating one or talking about one (for example, now I want a Snickers...).
- If your office does not have a vending machine but has a supply of treats in the back free for the taking, ask whoever does the ordering to have some healthy treats too.
Fit's Tip: Desperate times call for desperate measures and if you feel comfortable enough you can also ask that the vending machine be removed or at the very least filled with healthy snacks.