- Bake it: Gingerbread houses may be synonymous with the yuletide spirit, but the crunch and spice of these lightened-up gingerbread cookies are always in season. While there's no need to overload on a whole plate of these puppies, they're one yummy sweet treat.
- Pickle it: Love the pickled ginger that comes on the side at your favorite sushi spot? Make it in the comfort of your own kitchen. Pickled ginger is a healthy addition to homemade sushi, but it is also incredibly tasty on salad, with stir-fry, and in a meat marinade.
- Brew it: An ideal natural remedy to clear up congestion or the onset of a sore throat is fresh ginger tea. An upset belly can also really benefit from some gingerly love.
Keep reading for three more ways to get ginger in your diet.
- Cocktail (or mocktail) with it: YumSugar's refreshing low-cal ginger fizz cocktail recipe combines vodka and simple syrup that has been infused with fresh ginger root. But if you're currently laying off the booze, then consider making a pretty glass of homemade ginger ale that's simple to construct.
- Top your salad: Ginger dressing is a staple of some of our favorite Asian-inspired recipes like this salmon salad, but a perfect recipe for summer comes in the form of these bright and beautiful veggie chard wraps with a spicy lime-ginger dipping sauce.
- Blend it: For a little detox in your smoothie, consider blending in some fresh ginger. If you're in need of some inspiration for complementary fruit flavors, then try this detoxifying orange-ginger smoothie.
What's your favorite way to enjoy ginger? Share below!
Image Source: Thinkstock