- One serving of vegetables equals roughly the size of a baseball; that's four large lettuce leaves, a potato the size of a computer mouse, or 3/4 cup of 100 percent vegetable juice.
- Pro: Veggies are low-cal, which means you can fill your plate without compromising a ton of calories. In fact, 100 calories of your favorite vegetable may be more food than you realize.
- Make it easy to get your recommended daily servings of veggies. Slice and portion your own vegetables to make them as easy as junk food to grab on the go. If you make them accessible and effortless to eat, you'll eat more.
- Vegetables aren't boring, sometimes they just need a little extra help. Jazz them up with these simple suggestions for a fun change.
- Make a salad and incorporate a colorful range of your favorite vegetables. You'll knock out several servings (maybe even all of them) in one delicious meal. Just be sure to watch the toppings!